jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm seeing Overly Promotional Warning WITHOUT clarification on some hubs. How d

1. Bookmama2 profile image68
    Bookmama2posted 3 years ago

I'm seeing Overly Promotional Warning WITHOUT clarification on some hubs.  How do I find problem?

I'm one of the Squidoo to Hubpages people.  I've got a bunch of Hubs with overly promotional violations and I'm trying to work my way down the list and fix them one or two at a time.  But one of the ones I edited, supposedly got rescanned (based on time of last check) and it still says overly promotional, but has no details on the Hub page itself.  How can I figure out what is wrong?

2. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

You should probably post this question in the Improving Your Hub section of the forums, where more people will see it, and respond to it.

In general, overly promotional describes a hub that has too many links to one site, too many product links, or is a hub that exists solely to promote something. Without looking at the hub, that's as specific as I can be.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Nine times out of ten a hub is overly promotional because it doesn't have enough text. There is a link to text ratio and an ad to text ratio that must be met in order to avoid the tag. I'm not positive what that ratio is, but try just writing a few more paragraphs in the article. That usually works for me.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'll ditto part of Lisa's answer. The few times I've gotten flagged for being overly-promotional was because I had more than two links to the same web domain. If your hubs have a lot of links, check to make sure only one or two go to the same .com.

working