jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

For SEO should an image not have a title but a caption describing the image with

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

For SEO should an image not have a title but a caption describing the image without using keywords?

2. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

Do you mean for an image within a hub? If so, I don't think you need a title but definitely a caption using a few descriptive words to describe the image but a search friendly phrase for SEO benefits.

3. askformore lm profile image69
    askformore lmposted 3 years ago

You have raised a very important question. I believe that the answer can be compared to cooking, i.e. too much of "some good ingredients" will spoil the food.
    I believe that one shouldn't have SEO as the first priority in mind, but instead write the "tittle" for the reader.
    I don't see anything wrong in having a keyword in the tittle. However, do NOT fall in the trap of "key word stuffing".

4. Marie Flint profile image92
    Marie Flintposted 3 years ago

Brake12, keywords in captions do help the SEO traffic. Whether or not to have a title is a matter of artistic taste and totally up to you. I don't go overboard with keywords, but focus on what I want to emphasis in the caption describing the picture. I ask myself, how is this relevant to my article?

I've seen a lot of poorly written captions on Hub Pages, so you question is very helpful to other hub writers.

Information on image use: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use (Note: Captions are used in the aritcle's images, but are not necessarily the best examples of effective captions.)

1. brakel2 profile image80
      brakel2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for answers to this question. Read answers to help with captions and SEO.

working