jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How is Google + different from LinkedIn?

1. CelebrateUSA profile image84
    CelebrateUSAposted 3 years ago

How is Google + different from LinkedIn?

Now that LinkedIn is posting articles via their Pulse, how is that connective platform different from Blogger and its intertwined Google +.

I am considering posting articles on LinkedIn but have been hesitant. And now it appears Google wants space in that market.

What do these new writing venues pose for my beloved HubPages? Will HP be gobbled up by Google in order to better compete with LinkedIn?

I know nothing of the ownership or history of these companies or any insights would be greatly appreciated.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I believe Google+ and perhaps Linkedin too are targeting to grab a market share of Facebook. Facility to post articles is only a perk they are adding, in my opinion, to their purpose. I don't think HP is in any way threatened by these two.

3. MasterworksFA profile image60
    MasterworksFAposted 3 years ago

There is an inherent focus on each service. Instagram sold for about $1 billion and is, in a way, simply a photo sharing (with filters) blog. But its focus is to share interesting avant-garde photos (i.e. look! There's a bike chained to a stop sign at night in the rain). Twitter is basically a Facebook Lite, forcing the user to make their point in 140 characters or less. But its focus is stream-of-consciousness commentary.

My opinion is that Google+'s focus is daily internet usage archiving to share with people, and LinkedIn's focus is enhancing knowledge and connections surrounding the workplace.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

google plus is more like Pinterest, general people who reads and post pictures only while Linkedin is more to engaging business and employees online, get a job and get to know each other

5. profile image0
    Alyeska Martinezposted 3 years ago

LinkedIn is intended as a place for business connections.