jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What are your "Milestones" on Hubpages?

1. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

What are your "Milestones" on Hubpages?

I personally, want to reach 25 featured hubs.  Do accolades motivate you?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

No.  Accolades mean nothing really.  Consider them being no more than giving a kindergartner a gold sticker for finishing a project.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image96
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree! Not necessary. I taught kindergarten, so I appreciate simple , truthful sensibilities of five-year-olds. I wrote about  creating more accolades.... even while making a bit of fun. Since we can hide them, it's not a big deal.

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A person with a large number of Hubs might lead you to a writer that you find interesting.
      Persons with other accolades may have special interests.
      Accolades are one way of measuring the quality of the work. They can serve a purpose.

3. Venus Rivera profile image75
    Venus Riveraposted 3 years ago

Good Question!
    No, those accolades don't help me at all. It's nice to see the achievements you've created but my motivation is beyond that- I would like to reach at least 50 good hubs by the end of next year.

4. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

I like seeing the accolades. It reminds me of how far I have come in Hubpages.

I'm not sure if the accolades actually inspire me but I still like having them.

I recently set up my milestone challenge for myself. On December 5, 2014, I started a 30 hubs in 30 days challenge for myself. Tomorrow I will be half way there, yay! however, I wish that Hubpages would have challenges that they sponsor where the community could get a bit more involved. when I started my challenge I looked up challenges in help because I thought they were sort of like contest but then I realize that each of us has to create our own challenge. So that's what I did.

Happy Writing,
    Regards,
    Easylearningweb

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 3 years ago

I once worked in a place where there was a debate over the titles the personnel should have, with the guy assigning the titles saying they did not mean anything. I said,lets not have titles. He became vice president andI was Director of Public affairs Titles denote responsibility and authority.

Accolades denote achievement and contributions. I have 100 featured Hubs, but have not written any recently and I have been selected 100 times for the best answer to a question. A few times I was the only one to answer.

The accolades show your involvement in Hub Pages and shows that you are a participant and not one of those who never contribute a new idea, but love to argue with you

6. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I was also thinking earlier that accolades don't matter. But actually directly or indirectly I found accolades influencing me in a positive way to do something better in HP.

I could reach 100 featured Hubs (and more) only because of accolades being present there.

I am now looking for one more milestone to cross in accolades. If and when I cross it, I will come and post it here!

1. C.V.Rajan profile image78
      C.V.Rajanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I crossed that milestone y'day. It is answering 1000 questions. I hope with this, I can start relaxing and spend far less time in HP hereafter!

2. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
      Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years agoin reply to this

and you, my friend, have well deserved it...you have insight that is well worth taking to heart...thanks!

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
      C.V.Rajanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Joel!

7. Joel Diffendarfer profile image94
    Joel Diffendarferposted 3 years ago

thanks so much for all of your responses...after reading, I have discovered that, in fact, accolades do mean something...to me...I have purposefully not published #25....(because I have taken the advice of many)...I want #25 to be correct...good content, well researched, true, and photo legitimate

working