jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How Do You Decide Which Hubs To Delete?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

How Do You Decide Which Hubs To Delete?

I find it difficult to hit the Delete button for Hubs that have little or no views.  Sometimes I just can't do it because I know they are well written or about a niche topic that I think deserves coverage on the Internet.  I have got rid of a handful of Hubs over the years because they became outdated or were hopelessly lost in the vast expanse of the Internet.  What criteria do you use to make the decision to delete a Hub?  Feedback from other writers would be helpful.  Thanks!

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
    Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years ago

As long as a hub remains featured, I do not worry about it. Some hubs that became unfeatured over the years were edited by me and sent back through QAP. When some of them became unfeatured for the second time, I deleted them and put them on my blog.

1. Rock_nj profile image92
      Rock_njposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Phyllis.  How have they done on your blog?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image98
      Phyllis Doyleposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome, Rock. They are still alive over there. I have to get my blog in some kind of order and make sure I monetized it. I don't remember, for I do not go there as often as I should. Others who have done this say their hubs do well in blogs.

3. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 3 years ago

If I feel I can create the same article with more detail and present it better I will delete the first. I also tend to delete articles that are no longer relivent. For instance an article over the growth of the show Breaking Bad may get deleted if it was merely about the program and not social issues in it simply because the program is no longer popular.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image80
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Don't delete the Hub. Simply un-publish it. It will be there for you for future editing and improvement as and when you feel like doing it. Then you can republish.

If you are pretty sure that  your attachment to your hub is not sentimental, (I mean if you are really confident that  your Hub is worthy) then better preserve it without deletion.

5. christin53 profile image82
    christin53posted 3 years ago

Sometimes I delete a hub that has been unfeatured due to no views. Most are poetry or photo hubs that no one searches for. I then put them on my blogs so they don't go to waste.