jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

To those who were banned from the forums for 1 month, 3 months, or permanently,

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To those who were banned from the forums for 1 month, 3 months, or permanently, did you

feel that the bans were justified?  Why?  Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12074855_f260.jpg

2. Kiss andTales profile image81
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

That is a good question but if they are still banned permanently they will not be able to answer your question unless they have changed their hub name. and then that would close them down again.

1. Kiss andTales profile image81
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Peace starts with each and every one of us,,bringing up the past of a situation without knowing all the details and facts is an injustice. So why hunt for information to start something ,that is what you are doing.

3. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Permabanned from the forums, but still here in Answers. Whoo-hoo?

The worst part about forum bans is they have never, never given me any justification for the bans. I literally have no idea what the offense was, and I guess I'll never know. Hey HubPages, maybe if you would clue me in to what was so terrible, I just might stop doing it! Shocking!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You are kidding, aren't you, Zelkiiro.  You never said anything offensive.  You were a fun guy in the forums!   I enjoyed your presence! It is so sad that you were permanently banned.

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm a fun guy fungi, in that I latch onto the side of a host species and slowly drain its life and nutrients. But, y'know, in a fun guy way.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is no reason nor logic regarding the forum bans.  The bans are done in a capricious, helter skelter fashion, there is no consistently really!

4. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I heard that jthomp42 was permanently banned from HP. Does anyone know more information?

5. Kiss andTales profile image81
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I heard other people who criticized his comments have been ban as well, maybe you should just ask him in person , he has nothing to hide.

6. tsadjatko profile image61
      tsadjatkoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I thought JT just left,he wasn't happy with moderators either.There are rogue moderators as I had one unpublish a hub after 21/2 yrs.no reason after 1 1/2 weeks getting no explanation I got hold of a supervisor the hub  was republished immediately.

7. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

RtB. you will see that JThomp was permbanned. His site is closed down. Reason? Don't know, except that it seems B-4 being banned, his entire thread on Michael Moore & the Sniper comment was deleted/taken down. Maybe multiple flags? Just a guess.

8. Robert the Bruce profile image61
      Robert the Bruceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I see. Well he definitely had it coming. I don't say that out of meanness, because we all know how badly he behaved and all the fights he started. Just sayin'...

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I got banned once from the forums for 24 hours. I couldn't figure out why at first until I remembered that I'd told an obvious spammer to "go drink bleach" earlier that day, I guess they didn't like that and reported me. Sooooo, yeah, maybe I had that one coming. I try to choose my words a little more carefully now. big_smile

On the other hand, that day I learned that sometimes spammers actually come back to look at the nonsense they've posted to see if they've gotten any responses. Who knew??

working