jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Are you a hub or forum flagger?

  1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
    RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years ago

    Are you a hub or forum flagger?

    Do you flag and report hubs and/or forums obviously posted by spammers? If so, on your weekly digest, do you see where it says " Your Moderation Reports:  We greatly appreciate the content you reported ... Here's a quick update on their status." Then you go over to the columns and see how many have been reported, no longer published and/or users banned.  My questions are:  1. How's your track record?  Because lately mine has been "ZERO" in "no longer reported" and "Users banned" especially for forum spammers. 2.Does HP appreciate the report? 3.Is it a waste of time since nothing is being done?

    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12189340_f260.jpg

  2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

    I enjoy calling out the spammers and BS artists around here. I don't know or even particularly care if HP notices or appreciates the effort.  I simply like having the opportunity to unleash my inner a**hole on deserving targets.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      LOL. I guess I'd be even happier if HP noticed (weekly digest) so that I don't feel this empty sense of gratification on this end. This site has so much spam. I wondered how many were flagging and if our little contributions made a dent. TY for reply

  3. lisavollrath profile image98
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

    I generally flag spam wherever I see it, but I don't go out of my way to find it. Unfortunately, here in the QA, there's a lot of it.

    Whenever I get a weekly update, my report stats are usually about 40% acted upon. I'm hoping that means the other 60% were already reported before I saw them, and attributed to someone else's score.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      I never thought of it that way. I guess I'd rather see that everyone who reported spam got the % added to their stats.

  4. Rochelle Frank profile image97
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

    I do flag and report spammers and other nonsense fairly regularly-- but have never seen a moderation report on my notifications.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      It should be listed under your weekly stats on the Weekly Digest they send to you.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who flags. Sometimes it reminds me of the Whack-a-mole game my grandchildren play. Bam, got another one! lol

  5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

    i don't flag any hubs or forums, just exit from that place, i don't know whether it would affect my hubscore, so I rather don't do it

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      As far as I understand, all flags and reports are anonymous and do not affect any scores. I appreciate your answer.

  6. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

    I flag new followers who are obviously spammers, but I've never flagged a hub or a forum response. I also wasn't aware there's a way to see who we flagged and what the results were.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      The results are private betw You & HP and are on your weekly digest.  Although I flagged about 10 last week, the digest said I only reported 1. They didn't moderate it or ban that user. All 10 are still up in the forums. So...I flagged 'em all ag

  7. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 3 years ago

    i often flag hubs that are purely promotional or unintelligible. i've flagged a few for adult content.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      Do you notice them on your weekly digest email, as to whether they were moderated or banned?

    2. cathylynn99 profile image75
      cathylynn99posted 3 years agoin reply to this

      they are often moderated. i've never seen a ban.

  8. ThelmaC profile image97
    ThelmaCposted 3 years ago

    I used to flag quite often before HP changed the Hub Hopper feature.  I don't care for the new way of hopping hubs.  If I read a hub that is purely promotional or poorly written, I flag it.  I didn't know about the flagging statistics so will watch for that info from now on.

    1. RachaelOhalloran profile image86
      RachaelOhalloranposted 3 years agoin reply to this

      ThelmaC - Thank you for your honesty and for commenting.

 
working