jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hubscore, Profile score, Why do we need them?

1. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 3 years ago

Hubscore, Profile score, Why do we need them?

Before I asked the question I went a-hunting and found similar situations to mine.  The views go up, even the hubscore goes up, yet the Profile score comes down hour by hour.  I lost 6 points in one day. 
    Some will say do not worry about those numbers.  So I just have to ask-
    WHY do we need them.  I find it frustrating and de-motivating when my scores spiral downward.  I wish they would not display them.  Scores are like money.  It is easy to say it does not count when you have plenty, but ask the poor pensioner and see what they say! LOL!!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 years ago

Hi, Marie, I can definitely relate. Having these little numbers attached to us seems to quantify us, sometimes unfairly. Still, they supposedly represent the overall quality and interactivity we have on HubPages, so they can help guide viewers to the best Hubs. Your score, at least right now, is an 84. I think that's great! I'm sure it'll fluctuate, but do your best to focus on the quality of what you write, and not worry too much about the score assigned to it.

MarieLBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding Jeremy Jill.  Most creative writers are emotional beings & not take note of the score is easier said than done for me.  I just cannot fathom the reason for the downgrading - all in the 1 day.

2. Venkatachari M profile image44
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marie, for selecting my reply as best answer.

3. Venkatachari M profile image44
    Venkatachari Mposted 3 years ago

Marie, your feeling is quite right. We become emotional whenever the scores fluctuate. If it goes up we feel happy and greatly satisfied and even proud of ourselves. And, when it goes down, we feel depressed and angry and feel we lost something of much worth. It happens with me also. It is human nature. So, feeling like that is not a fault.
    But, you should be aware that above 80% is not depressive. It is a distinction. So, you must be happy at that level always. You are worthy of it.

MarieLBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You know V.M., none of us has an answer to my query & if u read today's HP news it speaks of the 'quality' rating.  But, thanks a million.  Your answer made me feel better. I appreciate your understanding.

2. Venkatachari M profile image44
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see you glad at my reply. Keep like that always and be merry.

4. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

My pleasure V.M.  It was not easy to choose V.M. but you hit the nail on the head for me with your response.

working