jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do I get more followers?

1. Emma Heim profile image52
    Emma Heimposted 3 years ago

How do I get more followers?

I have been following and commenting on other peoples hubs, and I have gotten over 300 views total but it's mostly from outside sources.

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

It is good that you are getting views from outside sources.  I don't know what else to tell you except that sometimes when you follow others, they will return the favor.  You could ask more questions and be active in the Q&A and forums.  I would be patient, too.  Having a lot of followers doesn't happen over night.  It could take you two years to get 100 followers.

3. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Hi! Emma, it takes quite a while before you will increase having followers. What is important, if you write hubs that interest writers here, you will soon accumulate followers in no time. You already have 300 views and your hubscore is 83 which is pretty good. It is already an indication that your writing is very good. You are doing the right thing commenting and following hubbers. Also try and join the forum if you can. That is where you get to know other hubbers.

1. Cynthia Hoover profile image96
      Cynthia Hooverposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hello Emma, you are getting some great advice. I only have around 15 followers, yet my traffic is steadily increasing. I would focus on great articles in a wide range of topics. Since what may interest me, may not interest everyone. It takes time.

4. Anne Harrison profile image97
    Anne Harrisonposted 3 years ago

I only comment on other hubs if I feel I have something to say, as opposed to a generic 'interesting hub' etc. When I read comments on other hubs, I will often link to other hubbers who wrote interesting replies. That way, I follow what interests me, rather than seeking total numbers. There is so much traffic on the internet/social sphere, that personlly I think its important to retain your indiciuality, even if it takes longer to build up the following.

5. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 3 years ago

the number of followers doesn't matter as much as the content you write.  worry more about the views you get on each of your hubs and the variety of traffic. Followers will come with time.
    PS: The more you follow others the more chance you have of being followed.

working