jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do hubbers follow back?

1. cherylvance profile image66
    cherylvanceposted 3 years ago

Do hubbers follow back?

Do Hubpages work like twitter when following?

2. chuckandus6 profile image74
    chuckandus6posted 3 years ago

Following someone is when you find someone that you like their style and want to follow them so you can read more of their up coming hubs.You Will be sent a notification. you also have The choice to alter the settings,to how you want to be notified and what you want to be notified about.

cherylvanceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I only follow someone back if they write articles of interest to me. Otherwise the follow feature is meaningless.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree "reciprocal following" is meaningless. I'd only want someone to follow me because they get something out of my hubs and not because they expect me to follow them back! Those types of followers drop off after two weeks of you not following

2. cherylvance profile image66

Thank you both...

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

No, it doesn't work like Twitter, although a lot of new hubbers treat it as such. Following people here means you like their writing primarily and want to see more of their work. Or you want to follow someone you consider an example of a writer you want to learn from and emulate (not copy, but pick up techniques). Although there are social aspects of HubPages when interacting with the community, the emphasis is more on the craft of online writing, learning from more experienced hubbers, and less about gaining followers. Followers will come (or should come) naturally. Good luck and be blessed.

Very helpful.  Thank you.

working