jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Question about hubs not being featured

1. NightDude profile image59
    NightDudeposted 2 years ago

Question about hubs not being featured

So I had a hub that has had a lot of views and is growing everyday but it was not featured due to quality. Can some one explain that to me?

2. M Asif Jameel profile image75
    M Asif Jameelposted 2 years ago

Featured hub actually is the hub which is accepted by HP, the hub is not featured doesn't qualify for HP quality assessment process and in reality it is not a hub though it is still published and you need to put this question in forums instead of question answer section and in forum discussions you can get guidelines by fellow hubbers that how to make a hub featured.

3. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 2 years ago

Besides, good quality content add maximum features like videos, photo, table, quiz, polls etc. to the hub to make it featured.

4. liladybugz26 profile image87
    liladybugz26posted 2 years ago

HP has found the quality of your Hubs to not be sufficient. I looked at your Hubs, and can offer this advice:

- You write more creatively than I do which is superb, but their are some minor technical nuances that HP will dock you for in the grammar area. If you want your score to increase run your hub text through an online grammar corrector such as this free one here: http://www.onlinecorrection.com/

- The way a hub is presented visually has a large impact on your score as well. Try splitting up your large paragraphs, and add creative photos.

- Make sure all of your photos have a "creative commons" license or similar, and apply credit to the photo owner along with the link where it was taken from.

These are just a few quick tips after brief scan. It takes awhile to learn what works and what doesn't.

The best way to learn is to check out the articles in the learning center:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

You can also check out the "Quality Assessment" charts to see how hubs are scored.
    http://hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

Good luck!

1. NightDude profile image59
      NightDudeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've been using Microsoft Word. Is my grammar still off? And what do you mean by  creative commons license?  My largest paragraph is  300 words is that too big? Thank you for explaining this to me. I greatly appreciate you taking time to do this.

2. liladybugz26 profile image87
      liladybugz26posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Frank, I only scanned it very shortly as I am multitasking right now.  I picked up a comma error, and it may be the only thing - I'm not quite sure. I'll send you a message privately.

5. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

Lack of traffic and not qualified as featured bythe hp member, try to edit the hub add in new text, photos and change the title

working