jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is a travel diary suitable for Hubpages?

1. Judy A profile image74
    Judy Aposted 2 years ago

Is a travel diary suitable for Hubpages?

I wrote a diary whilst recently travelling on my own in Colombia for three weeks and my friends tell me I should publish this as would be of interest to other older women travelling on their own.  Is this suitable for Hubpages?

2. Besarien profile image85
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

I don't see why not. I would enjoy reading it. I can't speak for anyone else of course or tell you what the official stance on travel diaries is. If you include a lot of facts about the places you visited. a map, some photos and your personal impressions it sounds like HotD potential to me! If you decide to do. it please remind me to check it out!

3. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

It certainly could be, especially with good original photos.  Maybe consider something unique for the posts so it stands out from typical travel hubs.

4. Nastya Bronnikova profile image60
    Nastya Bronnikovaposted 2 years ago

Sounds interesting! From what I can tell, a lot people here write about their personal experiences and share their stories in various formats, so a travel diary won't be out of place. If you're worried about it not being hub-like, maybe tweak it a little? like making it part logs, part plain text summing up your impressions and thoughts.

1. Judy A profile image74
      Judy Aposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks for your helpful reply.  Having had a look at what I have written have decided it is much too long for a hub but will write an article reflecting on and summarising my experience for Hubpages and put the actual blog elsewhere. ...

working