Will viewing my profile or hubs count as a view or session and can I prevent thi

1. Adam Palm profile image74
    Adam Palmposted 2 years ago

Will viewing my profile or hubs count as a view or session and can I prevent this?

If I viewed my own profile while logged in/ reviewed one of my pages, will google analytics/ hubpages count that as a view/session? If so is there any way I can prevent this.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
    Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago

Your views are recorded. I am not aware of a way to not count your visits.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Agreeing with zebtron, yet pondering when views begin being recorded. I dun'no. However, if one goes to their My Account Page → Traffic Sources there is statistical data. There is where or whom views your articles by domain and sub-domain. You will see your sub-domain listed as a source. Available is 24hrs - 7Days - 30Days - Ever. I kinda' think those are independent of each other as data for views.

I am not aware of this being preventable at HubPages. I am not familiar enough with Google Analytics to know if it can be discerned with one of their many features. I dun'no . . .

One may use best guesstimating for determining a particular hub viewed for 24hr, 7Day, 30Day, or Ever by the Hubber. Or, one may record it some way. That will be a spreadsheet of some kind. Possibly a spiral note pad or maybe using a spreadsheet software.

A suggestion is to compare overall views of the sub-domain with ever compared to overall views for all. That will give you a compare / contrast, which easily a percentage can be computed. I again am not familiar enough with Google Analytics to know their features.

working