jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How did you find and get started on HubPages?

1. Tjphilz5 profile image71
    Tjphilz5posted 2 years ago

How did you find and get started on HubPages?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

I had been participating in a writers forum when another member mentioned Hub Pages. I went to take a look. Since I had several articles that I had previously written for a print newspaper, and still had the rights, I decided to recycle some of them. That's how I started.

3. kaiyan717 profile image80
    kaiyan717posted 2 years ago

I had just quit my job and was looking for ways to make money while I stayed home with my toddler. Ran across them in a Google search and gave it a go. Glad I did, all these years later. They made me think I could make it as a writer and though I have others income sources, I will always remember my first platform. smile

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I found it thru an ad on Monster.com. I had previously been writing CD reviews for a music e-zine but they had just closed up shop, and I was left with a few pieces that I never had a chance to send in to them... so I said "what the heck," signed up at HP and posted'em. The rest is history, as they say.

5. Evane profile image56
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

As for me, I tried to search for ways to earn online and found HubPages. I tried signing up and discovered that I need a google adsense approved before I can start earning. But I have come to love the system here so I am still here. It's fun.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I think I was googling a different paid writing website and HubPages was mentioned in an article about it. I had been disheartened by ehow because of how strict they were with their formatting. And HP provided a more laid-back alternative.

7. adevwriting profile image77
    adevwritingposted 2 years ago

I'm very interested in Japanese anime and was searching for info about Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. This is when I came across well written articles on HubPages about these. I also had an interest in writing. Both these interests were overlapping and so I joined HubPages.

working