jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is it just me? Or are we seeing a lot more travel ads on HP?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago

Is it just me? Or are we seeing a lot more travel ads on HP?

I am beginning to see a lot of ads in my feed. Oh, I am used to seeing a few, maybe one every week or so. But recently, I am seeing two or more almost every day. Invariably this new influx is from India. I don't know why they think I want to go to their gym, or stay at their hotel, or eat at their favorite restaurant.
    Just a note to these people, I don't read them, I block the person, forever.

2. linfcor profile image84
    linfcorposted 2 years ago

I am getting comments with links to something that has nothing to do with my hub pages. The person has no picture. So naturally I am denying those comments

3. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 2 years ago

In the recent past you have probably been checking out or seeking info associated with travel, airlines, hotels, and restaurants. The cookies generated via these searches indicate to Google what your interests are at this time. So, appropriate ads appear on your timelines. A week or so back, I purchased some clothing online having done a considerable search. Now all I see online are ads for t-shirts and jeans. Even the ads on this page right now show a variety of tees and jeans!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

quicksand hit the nail on the head. The ads you're seeing are unique to you, and aren't seen by everyone. For example, I googled a local college the other day and now I'm seeing ads for that college.

5. Glenis Rix profile image97
    Glenis Rixposted 2 years ago

Different ads are presented to each of us, based on our internet search history and the sites we have accessed. Recently I have been looking for a holiday, so I am now seeing a lot of travel ads. Only yesterday I looked at a specific site for women's clothing and now my Blogger blog is pasted with a banner ad from that site. Big brother is watching us.

1. Glenis Rix profile image97
      Glenis Rixposted 2 years agoin reply to this

P.S. The banner ad that I mentioned above just appeared against my comment box - so clearly ads are tailored to our search history.