jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What type of hubs drive the most traffic?

1. StephanPoe profile image80
    StephanPoeposted 2 years ago

What type of hubs drive the most traffic?

How-to, Top10s, Recipes, Tutorials, Opinion, Investigation...?

Ok I know it depends ALOT on the content, but there must be one kind of hubs that people are looking for most.

I ask this because I'm currently writing an article about a non-debated part of the ISIS Culture. I'm not adressing to a common topic, in other words a very focused nich (if we can call it that). My article falls into the information / investigation category, and I was wondering, does any other fellow hubber had any success? When I say success is not money wise, but views, comments, shares.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12585928_f260.jpg

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

I'd say deep guides with great images. Content that is as deep as thewirecutter. If you can make content like that, you will do great.

For example:  The 9 greatest chocolate chip cookie recipes in the world

The 11 Best sleeping bags

The IPhone plus case to rule them all [35 Cases reviewed]

I think it takes extensive hands on experience as well.

StephanPoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same, so I wrote Top 10 Quadcopters Under 50$, with personal reviews, tables with product characteristics, images, videos of them flying indoor and outdoor, it didn't even get featured.

Any thoughts on investigation articles?

3. Virginia Allain profile image88
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

I think a hub that offers a solution to a problem many people have. It can be in any category/topic but needs to provide a fix for an issue.

StephanPoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is hard to find an issue that still has not a solution for it... Internet is so big..
      Hard to be original nowadays

working