jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

What have you bought with Hubpages money?

1. StephanPoe profile image80
    StephanPoeposted 2 years ago

What have you bought with Hubpages money?

By hubpages money I mean the earns you received. I'm curious what did you buy maybe with your first payment, or the most recent. A present? A playstation? A car???!  Or do you use the money to help pay some bills? I know this may be a personal question so only answer if you don't mind of course.

2. scarytaff profile image79
    scarytaffposted 2 years ago

Nothing yet, although I have only been with hubpages for five years and have over 200 hubs. My earnings this month are 0.18 cents and last month about 1.32. But I live in hope. maybe one day there will be enough money saved up to buy an apple or even a banana.  Keep writing and do not give up.

StephanPoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

5 years and no money?!  How can that be? You must have gotten enough to make at least one withdrawal. That is very unmotivating

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Are you using the HubPages Ad Program or strictly Google Adsense?  I signed up for the HP Ads Program because glaciers move faster than my AdSense earnings...and I've made payout thru that a couple of times now.

3. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

Books I think - been here 3 yrs, have 30 plus hubs, made payout once, and am about 4mths from another (at the rate I earn now).

Investing the money of your writing into reading. That's a good cycle of knowledge you got going on.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I get payouts two or three times a year at most, I usually blow it on cheap CDs to add to my collection.

The  age of CDS is over my friend, get iTunes ahah joke, I also like owning CDS. Nothing beats the feeling of holding an awesome album in your hand.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

iTunes is for young'ins. I'm an obsessed CD collector, you can have my CDs when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!! Haha

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

My first payout definitely went towards bills. It came at a time where my wife and I were struggling financially (we had one part-time job between the two of us). We had been struck with car repair payments and medical bills, which had exhausted our savings. So, between my first adsense payout, my first amazon payout, and our tax returns (which all arrived in the same week) we had our cushion back. Mind you, it wasn't a big cushion, but it couldn't have come at a better time. After that, I think I used payouts to purchase 3D rendering models for DAZ Studio.

I hope things are going good smoother for you  now smile
      If I may ask what do you do with the 3d models? Games, animations?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's an art program. They can be used to make wallpapers, book covers, or really anything. Which is helpful to me because I'm not super great at drawing free hand. I've written a number of hubs about it, if you're interested.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 2 years ago

So far my efforts here have paid for a few dinner and movie nights and some clothes shopping. It's definitely more of a "fun" income stream and one of several for me. I've been here for a few years now and have about 52 hubs or so but it took a very long time for me to get my first payout.

A few dinners and movie nights is good! If I can do as good as, I will already be happy aha

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's been a long while though, typically for me things really pickup during fall and winter. Yippie smile

working