jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Does anyone use the "About the author" bio pages an what are the advantages of d

1. Kate Mc Bride profile image87
    Kate Mc Brideposted 2 years ago

Does anyone use the "About the author" bio pages an what are the advantages of doing so?

2. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

They're not a page. They're a 2-3 sentence blurb that appears under your profile image on your hubs. Yes, I use two - one on my baby ones, talking about my background as a doula and one on my SEO hubs, talking about my background online.

Kate Mc Brideposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to answer my question.

3. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

The "About the Author" is a short bio no longer than 140 characters that you can include under your image on your individual Hubs. It's not a separate page. I created several individual bios, each one specific to the categories I write about.

I like the fact that we can make each bio relate to the subject matter of  the hubs we attach. I feel that this gives our readers a quick way to get to know the author without going to their profile.

And the fact that it is customized for each hub's category, it makes more sense to the reader than if they clicked to our profile page, which can tend to be too general.

Hubbers who write hubs on many different subjects can make really good use of this. But even if you write within just one niche, it still is useful since your reader will see a short bio right there on the hub.

The short length is just right. It forces me to make my point with a few words, which readers won't hesitate to read.

You can create up to 25 bios and then include any number of you hubs to be assigned with each one.

Thank you for such a comprehensive answer.

4. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago

I have tried using them, but sometimes they don't get attached to the chosen Hubs.  I presume that one day HP will figue out how to do so.  In the meantime I see no real feedback.

Thanks Jasper

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Demas, It works fine. You must be doing something wrong. It similar to how managing groups works. Create one or more bios and then add individual hubs to the proper bio. Then click save. Maybe you're missing the last step.

5. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 2 years ago

I set them up and use about five bios. They are about  my medical background for those hubs, my degree, my love of research, interest in helping others, and in technology. It took a brief time to get used to the format, a problem with one orphan hub, and then it all seemed to click. I had to read the instructions several times to ensure I understood the procedure. It seems to enhance the hubs, so I am pleased..

I appreciate your helpful reply. Thanks

working