jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have Hubs you consider as "dead" or ready to be deleted?

1. luisj305 profile image85
    luisj305posted 2 years ago

Do you have Hubs you consider as "dead" or ready to be deleted?

Would improving the hub by tweaking rather than deleting have better expectation for overall traffic?
    What if tweaking many times does not improve traffic for that hub? let it be or pull the cord?
    Any details which influence when making decision would be great, thank you!

2. lawrence01 profile image82
    lawrence01posted 2 years ago

I think it depends on the subject. There were some hubs when I moved over from Squidoo that HP were happy with at the start but they just didn't get traffic.
    Some of them I took a look at and realized that with a little work I could give the hub another focus and they'd be worth saving, others I realized were not going to get traffic as they dealt with my personal tastes so they got scrapped!
    The key is writing Hubs that people want to read in the first place. Not that the subject is necessarily the problem but are you really enthusiastic about the subject? If you are then go ahead and write it and so what if you have to 'tweak it'
    I published one last night and within minutes I realized that there were spelling and grammar mistakes that needed 'tweaking' so I just did it straight away.
    Just because the "publish" button has been pressed doesn't always mean the hub is 'finished' You might have a great thought that you just know belongs in the hub....So 'tweak it' and give us all the pleasure so seeing what you are thinking!
    That's my view
    Lawrence

1. luisj305 profile image85
      luisj305posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Subject is a big factor. A few of my hubs get low traffic much of the year but always spike up for months at about the same time, every year. Small add-ons to an already published hub is healthy for it, but I have a couple that refuse to take off...

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

After i tried to tweak my unfeatured hub 4times, still not featured, i would delete it and move it to wikinut. I had given myself 4 chances. Wikinut traffic is better there

1. Elsie Hagley profile image60
      Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What is Wikinut traffic?

working