jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why doesn't the "OK, got it!" cookie acceptance button remember my choice?

1. Buildreps profile image91
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

Why doesn't the "OK, got it!" cookie acceptance button remember my choice?

Every time I have to click this button again, whenever I open a new link. I think it's somewhat over the top.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
    Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago

It should be managed using cookies and that setting.
    so it should "know" that you cleared it before.

I just tested by logging in from Europe and got the message once while logged into my account.

I clicked the message, signed out, and then the next time I signed in I did not see the notice.

You may want to try clearing your browser cookies and trying it again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    You can email us at team@hubpages.com if you have any further issues or details.

1. Buildreps profile image91
      Buildrepsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for checking this out, Matthew. I just went to this question and checked the OK button. After that I opened through e-mail the link to billybuc's latest Hub and had to click OK again. I'm not sure what causes this. Maybe others have this too.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Are you logged into the site when you are clicking the notice?
      It is related to settings on your browser so I would suggest clearing your cookies and browser cache and restarting your computer.

If those steps do not address it, please email us

3. Buildreps profile image91
    Buildrepsposted 2 years ago

I did what you told me, and followed to this thread via the link in my e-mail, and clicked on "OK, got it!".
    The I went to another thread via the e-mail link to: http://tsmog.hubpages.com/question/2613 … swer805034
    and had to click again on the "OK, got it!" button.

It seems as if the first time setting is not remembered in the browser. I use Firefox on an Ubuntu computer.

working