jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Is it strange to get a lot of traffic to one hub but have absolutely not comment

1. Justin Muir profile image91
    Justin Muirposted 2 years ago

Is it strange to get a lot of traffic to one hub but have absolutely not comments on it?

I have a hub that gets anywhere from 177 to 200 views a day (alot for me).  Yet, despite being viewed thousands of times, no one has commented on it / no engagement.  Is that strange?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12717325_f260.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago

Not particularly strange.  If you are getting that number of views-- most of them are from outside HubPages (and that is a good thing!). Most searchers are there for the information, not to admire  your article. They are also the ones most likely to click on an ad or even buy something.
    Comments are nice, but they are much more likely to come from fellow hubbers.

1. Sakshi Davessar profile image69
      Sakshi Davessarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello. Can you please tell me Rochelle Frank or Justin Muir that how do you get to know about the number of views on your hub. I mean from where do you get this information. Thank you

2. Justin Muir profile image91
      Justin Muirposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rochelle,  I thought getting comments mostly from other hubbers was the case but I wasn't sure.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image94
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years agoin reply to this

to Sakshi Davessar : In the black bar at the top of the page toward the right side, you should see your name-- click on it and select "my Account" from the drop down menu. The account page lists your hubs with the number of comments, and views.

3. integrater profile image60
    integraterposted 2 years ago

No, it is not strange at all. I have a hub on another account that gets anywhere between 200 to 500 hits a day but has fewer than 10 comments . This happens a lot with search engine traffic . Topic of the hub is another deciding factor.

1. Justin Muir profile image91
      Justin Muirposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha!  Guess only the hubpages community really comments on things. No worries.

4. Au fait profile image92
    Au faitposted 2 years ago

Some of my articles have received hundreds of views a day and not a single comment.  Hubbers are the people who usually comment if anyone does.  Only on rare occasions have I received comments from non-hubbers.

1. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this seems to be the case for MOST of us across the board.  Does anyone know, is it a hassle for non-hubbers to sign on to comment?  It must be they don't wish to take the time?  That's too bad. Guest comments are so welcomed.

2. Au fait profile image92
      Au faitposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Some people get confused and think they must join HP to comment.  See for yourself.  Sign out and then access HP.  Try to put a comment on any hub and see what non-hobbers go through.  It’s not hard, but some people are confused, like I said.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  Thanks, GF.  "Confusion" is near & dear to me & something I understand well.  LOL.  In fact, as time marches on, confusion & I are very friendly!.....Oh god.........

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

same here, I have one hub with 400-600 views per day, it has been 2 days already but it didn't increase the earnings at all.

working