Why pages are not loading properly?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Venkatachari M profile image88
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 years ago

Why pages are not loading properly?

Since 3, 4 days the pages are not loading properly on my computer, not only at Hubpages but at all websites. They are clumsy, with double columns at some parts of the page with ads, comments and posts everything mixed up. I have to reload again each time on many occasions, to view things properly. Even on my statistics page, one or two comments of posts visited by me appeared today.
    Any suggestions to get out of this problem?

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 8 years ago

I am unsure Venkatachari. First, I presume it only happens on the internet? So, computer display is not the problem. For the browser we all know clearing the cache, history, cookies, and etc. may help. One additional thing I do besides those is I clear the Temporary Internet Files on my PC.

Sometimes it may be a slow internet connection. That happened at the place I worked for awhile. We always were having to reset the modem/router connecting the Main Frame Server with our individual PC's. One cause is the Internet provider itself and internet speed. I don't know much about that.

After that I don't much else . . .

Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is certainly internet. But, slow connection  not affecst the kind of problems faced by me. Pages are loading, but while scrolling articles, it suddenly becomes dark at  places and things begin appearing like share buttons, ads and irrelevant stuff

2. MarieLB profile image74
      MarieLBposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Venkata,   It has been a while since we talked about this.  Has there been any change?

3. Venkatachari M profile image88

Hi, Marie!  I thought if any positive happens, then I shall inform you. But the position is same even today. The pages overlap one another and when I click reload arrow, then it gets proper. Not only hubpages, but other sites also.

3. Sakshi Davessar profile image59
    Sakshi Davessarposted 8 years ago

Even i am facing the same problem discussed by you. But i don't know the reason. My internet's speed is quite good so no problem with that. While scrolling pages the data seems to appear in two columns. When i hover my mouse on that then it disappears either quickly or it takes time. Even i need to reload the page again and again. and yes its for almost other sites as well

The same happens with me. It is due to slow connections. It is something of a defect that might be in our modems. Better to change password of modem. But, my son does not like the idea.

2. Sakshi Davessar profile image59
      Sakshi Davessarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

oh ok thank you. but i don't use a modem i use the data card of tata photon

4. MarieLB profile image74
    MarieLBposted 8 years ago

I do feel for you VM and SD.  These things can be so very frustrating.

It seems to me that it is a problem with your ISP and not the modem.  Can you contact them and ask them about this?

Maybe your plan is meant to be fast and smooth, but something is temporarily wrong with your ISP!

Hope it is fixed soon.

But, you know, my son never experiencing these problems. My browser is Chrome and his is Firefox. And he every time asks me to switch to Firefox.

2. MarieLB profile image74

Hi VM,  I am referring to your ISP, Internet Service Provider. 
      That is who you pay for your Internet.  Maybe they are having some problems, hopefully only temporarily.

3. Venkatachari M profile image88

But both of us are linked to the same connection and sit side by side.

4. MarieLB profile image74

Looks like I misunderstood VM.  From what you say, it sounds as if you and your son are using the same modem and the same ISP, so there is my theory shot to pieces!  LOL! But you have been using Chrome with no problems so why now?

5. Venkatachari M profile image88

That's what I am unable to trace out. But, thanks for your concern, Marie.

6. MarieLB profile image74

I'd be most interested to find out why this is happening.  Would you please let us know when you have resolved the issue?  Very soon I hope.

5. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

Thank you for asking this, I learned a lot and that is my favorite thing to do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)