How do I group my hubs? Am I supposed to attach them to an existing hub? Or mak

1. annasmom profile image79
    annasmomposted 2 years ago

How do I group my hubs?  Am I supposed to attach them to an existing hub? Or make my own?

I am wondering if I am supposed to come up with an umbrella title for each style of writing I may do...poetry, essays, short stories, etc.  and attach my name to them...such as Poetry by annasmom...and then put all poetry under that?  Or?  Can I leave them as orphans and does that affect traffic negatively?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

There is a grouping feature discovered firstly at the 'My Account Page' with a link there 'Groups'. There one can create groups. That is important for your profile.

At your profile is a feature named 'Show (All)' where the viewer my look at all the possible groups. The other is when grouped that affects the 'More in this Series' Hubs. That is found at the bottom of the Hub. Those are the first being the grouped Hub found before the viewed Hub and the next Hub following.

The Hub Group may be selected at the Hub Tool too at 'Display Options' at the right. That can be done at Hub creation or Edit Mode. Bear in mind if one does not have different groups then the only selection possible is 'All'. Importantly if there is only one or two Hubs in a group then that affects what is displayed at the 'More in this Series' at a particular Hub. For instance if only one Hub, then there will not be any others to recommend.

1. annasmom profile image79
      annasmomposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the details Tim!  I am going to reread them on  my next day off and try to make the necessary changes.  I am a bit behind in technology, so it may take me a while to get the hang of it.

Closed to reply

working