jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Holiday over! Back to work tomorrow

1. emievil profile image80
    emievilposted 7 years ago

After a 5-day week-end for us (Dec. 30 to Jan. 3), it's back to work tomorrow sad. I don't think I'm in the mood to work yet sad.

1. profile image0
      Duchess OBluntposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I hear that!  Me too.  Don't even want to think about it!

2. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 7 years ago

Me too sad

I need to hub for a week solid just to get some momentum for the new year.

3. akihan profile image72
    akihanposted 7 years ago

Groan... work kinda stinks. Why can't we all go on a 4 day work week instead?

4. kirstenblog profile image80
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I am leaning toward not going back. My foot with a healing torn ligament has been so swollen for so long its getting sores on it. I went to the doc and she told me to take anti-histamines and ibuprofen but they look to be getting worse. Had to go out for some milk yesterday and it was not easy to get my shoes on but taking them off was worse. The joint was achy and painful for a few hours after taking to shoe off. I kinda miss work, tho I wish it was warmer weather as I work outdoors mostly smile

1. Sa Toya profile image74
      Sa Toyaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hope your foot gets better smile
      I'm currently job hunting atm.
      I had a job but need a new one!
      Sooooo I'm not up in arms about work tomorrow....but I am.
      I want to work,need to.
      I've got some upcoming interviews so hope they goo well.
      I'm gonn use to the time to hub, blog and do some further job hunting.

Hope everyone has a good week....and are eased back into their jobs after the hols and not shoved right back into it big_smile

1. kirstenblog profile image80
        kirstenblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Good luck on the job hunting front! It's a tough ol world for people looking for jobs so I hope you have some luck. Have you looked into writing blog posts for pro bloggers out there? Some pay a decent rate considering it doesn't take a lot to write a good post for em. I am sure there are a few people who could point you in the direction of a few good sites that would hook you up with a blogger looking to pay for posts. It's not easy when you are unemployed and something like a few blog posts a day could make a difference to your bank account smile

5. emievil profile image80

Hey kirsten hope you take some rest and let that foot heal.

Sa Toya, good luck in your job hunting.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Me neither. Other than the fact they screwed up my pay and I have to fix it smile

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

it's always harder getting back into it after a long holiday *grumble grumble*

8. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I have to say I was getting bored. I had planned to write all week, then I got a cold. It seems I need to be busy in order to write, if that makes sense.

9. profile image0
    sarah dawkinsposted 7 years ago

Enjoy your first day  back at work after the Xmas holidays.  Everyone will be feeling the same.  You need to lift your spirits otherwise it will be a gloomy day.  Take a smile into work with you and compliment people.  What goes around, comes around.  ENJOY.

REMEMBER :  You only get holidays because you work.

10. janiek13 profile image80
    janiek13posted 7 years ago

My sister and her family has been in since New Year's Eve. I have had to be sociable and have had less time to write. I had planned on doing at least five more.

11. emievil profile image80

Have to go to bed now. Sleep early so that I can rise early tomorrow smile. Good night all.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
      alexandriaruthkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

g'nite

working