jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you experience the new 'Snip Editing' feature, yet? My experience resulted

1. Misfit Chick profile image73
    Misfit Chickposted 23 months ago

Have you experience the new 'Snip Editing' feature, yet? My experience resulted in a fiasco.

Hubpages introduced yet another new 'feature' a while ago that is supposedly meant to improve the writing quality for hubs that were unfeatured or 'close' to being featured so that they COULD be featured: http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/12/14/new … ty-alerts/

They just 'snipped' my BEST hub that made the MOST money - and it has not only been featured since it was published two years ago; but it was an EDITOR'S CHOICE hub that was not even SORT of in danger of being 'unfeatured'. Now I get to fix it all.

What has your experience been like?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12947396_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 23 months ago

A couple of mine have been "snipped' but all they did was cut a bunch of extra Amazon capsules. I had a bad habit early on of over-stuffing my Hubs with Amazon boxes, but I've been too lazy to go back and fix them all since they tightened up those regulations, soooo... hey, if they wanna do that to all of my Hubs, I say go nuts, it'll save me the time and trouble.

Misfit Chickposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Mine was a semi-long, already-evergreen hub - they deleted four non-promotional links to more information; and 3 amazon capsules - leaving one. It did not sound like these were the types of hubs to be snipped or what this 'service' was created for.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 23 months ago

I have had Amazon capsules snipped. My Amazon revenue used to be 1/2 to 3/4 of my income. Now it is almost zero.
    However, if HP thinks it is necessary for the survival of the site -- I would rather that they survive.

Misfit Chickposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I would, too - but again, Editor's Choice and Evergreen Hubs were not what they talked about 'snipping'. They have a 'warning' in the processor that pops up when you have too many products - I did not re-add all the ones deleted, maybe 4 was too much

working