jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why can't we have like buttons and reply buttons in the comments section of hubs

1. Venkatachari M profile image55
    Venkatachari Mposted 21 months ago

Why can't we have like buttons and reply buttons in the comments section of hubs?

Sometimes, the readers of an article may like some of the comments on it offered by other readers and would want to like the comment or at other times may want to clarify some doubt or ambiguity of any commenter by replying to his comment, before the author himself may view it and respond. Will it not be supportive and encouraging for the author and viewer of the hubs?

2. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 21 months ago

I see that you are aiming at a full-bodied discussion type module.  It cannot but give us richer exchange of thoughts, and isn't that one of the strongest points of Hub Pages.

In fact the comment section needs a good overhaul.  It is very limited in what and how one can use it.

Good on you VC, that is a very good suggestion.

Venkatachari Mposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Marie, for catching my point. But, others should also realise it.

3. Dana Tate profile image87
    Dana Tateposted 21 months ago

I like this idea. I feel it may encourage people to comment more. They may like or not like someone's comment. Or, elaborate on a comment someone else has made.

True, it will definitely encourage people. Viewers can directly interact with one another and extend support for creating more  awareness of the subject matter of topic and clear doubts.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 21 months ago

I think the HP staff would say that makes more of a discussion than a question and answer. Therefore, that would belong in the forum instead.

Forums are for special discussions when a particular person raises a specific topic for discussion and invites feedback. But hubs are not so. A hub already presents a view of the author of the topic and comments are made on it.

working