jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What inspires you to comment on Hubs?

1. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 17 months ago

What inspires you to comment on Hubs?

Do you comment to compliment the writer's provided information, disagree with the writer or to start a conversation? The reason I'm asking is that I see Hubs with hundreds of comments. I hardly ever get any comments at all on my Hubs, and I don't know why.

What makes you want to comment on people's work?

2. Kiss andTales profile image82
    Kiss andTalesposted 17 months ago

There are alot of writers here on HP.
    I soon realized all writers are not connected but by divisions in titles the way a magazine or Newspaper articles would be. We know that some get the paper and read just the funnies or comics , some politics , fashion , some home economics. and religion. A reader may never read the whole news paper only what he may be interested in.
    I believe this is the case here on HP.
    Also some just like to know whats on peoples minds so you have a forum.
    People go and connect to what they know or want to know.
    I am sure your subject hub is of interest to many it takes time to discover poppyr is a wonderful hub writer on HP.
    Me my self I started just in poetry
    But I found spot in the bible.
    Its nice meeting you and I will drop in and read a hub or to.

1. poppyr profile image98
      poppyrposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Nice to meet you too. It's a good point you made but I write for a variety of topics and I hardly get comments at all.

3. satomko profile image95
    satomkoposted 17 months ago

Usually I'll comment if I believe I have something meaningful to contribute.

4. Ceegen profile image79
    Ceegenposted 17 months ago

Controversy. The more controversial, the more comments you'll get.

As for me personally, I try not to comment on hubs that I read. It causes my blood pressure to rise at an extremely rapid rate.

5. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 16 months ago

Hi Poppy', I comment to be part of the community. When you comment regularly and build up a following you also develop friendships here. I prefer interacting with my friends and people I follow via comments than in forums and to me HubPages is a better social media platform than Favebook and Twitter.

6. Debangee Mandal profile image58
    Debangee Mandalposted 11 months ago

I comment to appreciate others just the way I like myself being appreciated. Further more, the more you comment it creates a bonding between you and your followers..it enhances friendship.Life is always better with friends.

1. Kiss andTales profile image82
      Kiss andTalesposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Thats so beautiful how you express that ! I truly feel your words here on HP .
      Thanks for sharing yours Debangee