jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do any feel a sense of relief now that election is over like the surgery is over

1. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 17 months ago

Do any feel a sense of relief now that election is over like the surgery is over?

2. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8868240_f260.jpg

Some will feel a sense of relief, even elation over the fact that Donald Trump is the president elect.  They contend that there will be a new America under Donald Trump.  They maintain that Donald Trump will revitalize America in a way that it hasn't been done before.

However, there are others who are quite dismayed, even angered that Donald Trump has won.  They contend that with the ascendancy of Donald Trump into the presidency, America will become a worse place for women, minorities, the LGBT community, & other marginalized peoples.

1. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 17 months agoin reply to this

The political left has actually enabled regression, from tolerating Muslim oppression of women in the West to its rape culture - and abuse of conservative women.
      Why Don't Feminists Fight for Muslim Women?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkFQohIKNI

3. profile image79
    Hxprofposted 17 months ago

Yep, I feel relief.  I was long done with the election mayhem.

4. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 17 months ago

Stunned... I really thought the system was so broken, so corrupt, that the people who are fed up with this entire, globalism, open borders, free trade (at our expense for the last 25 years) would never be allowed to win.

I haven't felt this good about our country in 25 years.  25 years of people I felt were corrupt or incompetent running this country, 25 years of NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP and the like... of watching companies pick up and move to Mexico or China... of watching policies like H1-B and H2-B and all these agreements signed by Obama (IE - U.S. and Mexico Sign Cross-Border Trucking Deal) that put Americans out of work.

That stuff was great for corporations to make even more money... but it was at American worker's expense... it was our neighbors who paid the price, who lost their jobs so that GM or Disney could squeeze one more nickel of profit.

And the chaos we have caused in the world in the last 8 years... Iraq, Syria, Libya... Obama didn't end any wars anywhere, he simply opened up more countries to chaos and anarchy, he helped the spread terrorism throughout the Middle East.

We have a President that can't be paid off by some Foreign Nation or Corporation... ten million dollars won't by anything from Trump... he can be as immune to the typical corruption in Washington we have seen, that has helped destroy so much of our Nation's Middle Class and wealth in general, as he wants to be.  It makes for an incredible opportunity I doubted this country would ever have again.

5. jo miller profile image92
    jo millerposted 17 months ago

I am not relieved.  Just saddened, but not surprised, to see proof of so much hatred and bigotry in this country.  My consolation is that the majority of people did not vote for him. But I don't think this election is over by a long shot.  We still have much to do in this country.  The surgery didn't get at the root of the problem..it was botched.

working