jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone had a hub labeled as not "featured" because it doesn't reach quality

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 15 months ago

Has anyone had a hub labeled as not "featured" because it doesn't reach quality standards?

I recently published a 1000+ word hub and put a lot of work into it with references, plenty images, capsules and high-quality content, but it was surprisingly given the "not featured" label.

I'm thinking perhaps because the links were pointing to the references and the Hubpage bot or reviewers thought it was spam. So I removed the reference links and it is still not a featured hub. It's been over 2 weeks.

Can anyone offer some solutions to this? Should I delete the hub and resubmit it using a different URL and see if it gets featured without the reference links?

2. Shirl Urso-Farmer profile image87
    Shirl Urso-Farmerposted 15 months ago

Hi wiserworld.. I read your hub about coconut for hair treatment and if that's the one you're speaking of, I have some comments about it. I hope you don't mind smile
    I think the information and suggestions are great, but I'd nix the first paragraph and present the get right to the point.. to the most valuable information first, so your readers are hooked right away. Then, I go into further detail with bullet points later on in the hub.
    Some of the sentences are too 'wordy,' and need to be condensed. For example:
    "Scientific research has shown that the application of coconut oil provides significant benefits for the health of our hair. More specifically, the studies highlight that coconut oil can prevent hair damage and maintain hair moisture if used regularly." This could read:
    "Scientific research found that coconut oil can prevent hair damage and maintain(s) moisture if used regularly."
    If it were me, I'd chop up and condense all of your sentences and paragraphs, because many of them need it.
    If there's any surprising benefits of coconut oil for hair treatment, I'd use that as my title also. Google may be overwhelmed with 'the benefits of coconut oil' and you need to stand out from the crowd.
    In the end, I think maybe the way your sentences are worded and the information is arranged is the problem.. but it's just my opinion; I hope you don't mind me giving it smile

1. wiserworld profile image92
      wiserworldposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Hi Shirley, thank you for your feedback. I could try condensing the writing a bit like you said and see if it gets featured. I'm thinking a lot of it could still be related to the amount of external links that I had on the original article.

2. Shirl Urso-Farmer profile image87
      Shirl Urso-Farmerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

That could be.. I guess anything that you immediately see as a possible problem, might be a problem.. that's how I look at my writing. I don't submit anything that has any 'possibles' in it. The best of luck to you smile

working