jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do you correct an editbot's mistake?

1. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 13 months ago

How do you correct an editbot's mistake?

I noticed the editbot removed the word "here" and replaced it with the word "hear" which is clearly incorrect. How do I undo what the editbot did? It is no big deal as it was done in a comment, but it is incorrect.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 13 months ago

What's the entire sentence? I'd be curious to know so that I might determine why Editbot "thought" it was wrong. Anyway, you can't change it back. If it's definitely wrong let HubPages staff know about it so they can fine-tune Editbot. It's right 99% of the time, but it misses once in a while. At least we don't have to be so diligent about deleting poorly written comments anymore.

Faith Reaperposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Hi Glenn, I went back to read it, but of course since I clicked on it, the editbot went away.  That hub has 121 comments ...Anyway, the comment is referring to a place not as in hearing a sound ...Yes, that is true about not having to delete.

2. Glenn Stok profile image98
      Glenn Stokposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I looked at your hub that has 121 comments. There are only two comments with the word “hear” and they both are correct usage.

“I know you will hear those words one day”
      “I hear she wrote a tribute to a real life angel!”

There are no others.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89

Oh, really!  Hmmm, well, maybe it was another hub?  Anyway, I'm glad the ones on that hub are correct!  You are kind to go in search of it through all my hubs, Glenn.  You went above and beyond : )

3. always exploring profile image86
    always exploringposted 13 months ago

I was wondering the same thing. They are all in the comment section. I guess just leave them alone?

Hi Ruby, all of the corrections seemed to be good to go except that one I saw, but maybe I didn't see what I thought I saw ...hahaha

working