jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Confusing Statistics, Slide Show, Explanation?

1. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I have some confusing information being reported on one of my hubs and I am not sure how to interpret it. Any ideas?

The Hub “ Christmas Villages, Department 56 Collecting” ranks at a 72 hub score, with 96 total page views since published 12/21/09. Which isn’t to bad, since it was published late for the topic, but the confusing thing is the associated slide show views.

These slide show views are at 504. Which indicates, I think, that people are scrolling through the slide show multiple times, for an average of 5.25 times per page view, which to me seems a lot.

Is this how I should be interpreting it, or is there something else happening that could be bringing traffic to the slideshow only?   

The individual hub stats show 27 hits from hubpages, the rest from outside, mostly Google. Slideshow numbers are shown in parentheses without traffic breakdown.

1. profile image0
      R.G. San Ramonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Check the traffic sources; perhaps the slideshow views are coming from google images.

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

if you're signed up for google analytics, you should be able to find out what search words are being used.

did you notice on your HP dashboard/Traffic Sources if you have visitors from google. images?

3. readytoescape profile image59

Yes I do have a few, well 25 total.

1. profile image0

OIC. If that's the case, could it be that you're the one viewing the slideshow yourself?

1. readytoescape profile image59
        readytoescapeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope, have not revisted the hub other than once last couple of days to add a few tags in edit mode.

1. profile image0

Ei, you don't need to go to edit mode to add tags...this is off-topic, I know, but it might help.

4. readytoescape profile image59

and the hub does come up on page 1 of google for search terms;

the hub tilte, which is a long search string, but also

"department 56 collecting"

But I do not see the pics anywhere on the images returns

5. readytoescape profile image59

I did find one link on an images search, listed on page 9,
    but the link leads to my profile not the slideshow.

6. profile image0
    R.G. San Ramonposted 7 years ago

Then you might be right - visitors are viewing your slides more than average. Or you could politely ask your visitors if they viewed your slides with a poll. (I know it's a dumb suggestion, but think of the positive side.)

7. readytoescape profile image59

everything helps. I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. Hell, the Writing is the easy part.

8. readytoescape profile image59

Any other Ideas?

9. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

I believe that HubPages stats report slide views separately from page views?  I had a hub that was getting close to 200 views a day in October, but most were slide views.  I went in and disabled the slide show feature on that one, and then the page views started going up much more quickly while the slide views did not move after that.

Just my own observation...

working