jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

remove slideshow as default

1. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

rather than have slideshow preselected - which i always forget to uncheck

how about making the slideshow an intentional option?

considering the mass exodus of photo hubbers, why shouldnt edit mode be set in favor of those who write?

How about an accountwide - No slideshow option?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Gets my vote.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Sunforged,

I thought that you knew this already... hmm

The "slide-show" is automatic only if 5 photos have been injected into the hub.

How about if they increase the number of photos to trigger the automatic nature of it?

Just a thought.

sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

simple request - have new hub started with the slideshow box unchecked - hubber can check if they want to.

Do you use slideshows in all or most of your hubs? or just in the occasional "how to" or "celebrity pin up" style hub?

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is why I recommended up the trigger level for the slideshow. Right now, if there are less than 5 pictures in a hub, then the slideshow does not operate.

I have shut the slideshow off for my new sales hubs, because I want the viewer to go through the entire hub and not just look at the pictures. The hubs that are meant for viewing pictures have the slideshow in place.

3. Ivorwen profile image78
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I disagree.   

I had originally unchecked the slide show for several of my how-to hubs, until I came across someone else's how-to and saw how helpful the slide show was.  I would hate to see the option removed, as it really does aid the writer on certain subjects. 

I have also found the slide show to help earnings on these hubs.  The pictures are there to illustrate, and with the slide show they can be viewed full size, for greater detail, without distractions.  Placing all of the pictures in full size would make the hub appear very long, and break the flow of things, IMO.

no asked for removal.

1. Ivorwen profile image78
        Ivorwenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry.  I guess I misunderstood this: "How about an accountwide - No slideshow option?"

similar to Kontera

accountwide - as in our personal accounts - not sitewide - as in everyones accounts

That makes sense.  I can see needing to turn it on when you want it on a particular hub.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

I did a hub with a slide show once. The view count really started booming upwards! That is the good news. The bad news is not one of those slackers went anywhere near the ads. They were too busy enjoying the show.

(I don’t remember; can the visitor even see the ads while in slide show mode?)

I don’t do slide shows anymore… smile

There is one add block per picture.  Carefully labeling your pictures can help to influence the adds.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, what the heck. smile I’ve got a zero-earner hub that has about 2 dozen pics. I went and enabled the slide show option. Be funny if it started making money now…

5. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

It just may make it more confusing its best to have it be automatic once 5 or more photos are added to a hub. I think the reason that the slideshow is already checked is because having photos really enhances the whole overall experience. So it will encourage more hubbers to use them.

6. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

people don't have to view the slideshows, but I do agree it would be nice to set as option.

I think with how-to hubs, they are helpful, or if not enough images in a how-to hub, the hubber needs to remember to check the click to enlarge box. I would rather stay on the page and enlarge the image. I've gone to some how-to hubs and haven't been able to see the details.

7. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Ditto!

working