jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is inspiration a gift from the cosmos?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 11 months ago

Is inspiration a gift from the cosmos?

2. The0NatureBoy profile image47
    The0NatureBoyposted 11 months ago

My answer can only be yes. The Cosmos, I call Zeroverse because it is the only whole, works through the life-force of every being to provide something inspiring to another or others in a certain mind frame.

3. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

No. Inspiration is not some magical gift that's bestowed upon someone out of nowhere. Inspiration is mental stimulation. It's connecting a bunch of dots, in order to see where the next dot should be.

Inspiration can be taught, and learned, and prompted. It's not magic.

4. alancaster149 profile image86
    alancaster149posted 11 months ago

Was it Ernest Hemingway who said writing is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration? Something along those lines anyway. I subscribe to that school of thought on the grounds I can't rely on inspiration to get me going.
    What the cosmos has to do with it, I don't know unless you like to think being starry-eyed helps get the feet off the ground to write poetry. Being the prosaic type, I keep my eyes more horizontal to observe how people talk to and get on with one another - or not. It's usually the 'not' that serves as 'inspiration' of sorts, i.e., murder, war, science fiction and historical fiction.