jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do think Hubpages should pay hubbers for answering questions?

1. lindaspeaks profile image10
    lindaspeaksposted 9 months ago

Do think Hubpages should pay hubbers  for answering questions?

I think it would be great if hubpages would pay the hubbers for answering questions. Because I think it is fun and very educational.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image81
    wrenchBiscuitposted 9 months ago

On paper, and on a computer monitor, that looks like a great idea, but in a Capitalist system such as this, the workers always get paid next to nothing, while those that own the means pf production take the lions share of the profits. With that in mind, even if they did pay I am sure it would only be a token amount. But if they were really on the ball they would run with your idea.

People are getting very desperate. If someone could jump on here and make $5.00 for 2 hours worth of work it would start a stampede. Hubpages would become "The Pages" over night. A ten hour shift could net a desperate person $50.00! The owners would profit as well, but they would probably have to take a hit for a while until things got up to speed. And if they currently feel things are going well they'll probably take the attitude "If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!"

Perhaps you could start your own innovative platform and try it yourself. Just look at what happened with Craigs List. I would be glad to work for you pro bono to start. I am sure others would be too. You could use a good provocateur on your team!

FYI: As I told you earlier: You have very nice teeth. I have always been attracted to women, but I have always been able to see their faces.  This is the first time in my life I have been attracted to a mouth.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 months ago

Not ever gonna happen, which is too bad, cuz if I had a nickel for every spammer I've called out in this section, I could own this site. smile

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 9 months ago

That's a really good idea that should be pitched to HP.  In the meantime, using the Q&A is an opportunity that should not be missed.  Besides a few things like connecting with other people and learning something of what others are thinking about answering Qs is an opportunity to practice writing skills.