jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a latent monetary benefit to answering questions on HubPages?

1. melbel profile image98
    melbelposted 17 months ago

Is there a latent monetary benefit to answering questions on HubPages?

You obviously don't get ad revenue for answering questions, but does it help you in any other way (SEO, perhaps) to answer questions on HubPages?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 17 months ago

Having a lot of followers on Hubpages isn't in and of itself anything which one should pursue in hopes of earnings. That said, the only possible benefit I can see from answering questions here is that you may wind up with more followers from it, and once every blue moon one of those followers my stick one of your hub links somewhere where it generates traffic.

That's all I can think of. I generally only look at questions because I'm bored for the moment.

*edit* I only answered this question because I hadn't noticed who posted the question. I seriously doubt there's any benefit if you haven't thought of it yet.

3. India-Nepal profile image75
    India-Nepalposted 17 months ago

Yes, but not a direct monetary benefit. If you answer questions thoughtfully, you get more subscribers, and this makes you seem more like an authority figure.

So then your content is taken more seriously and is hopefully shared. And this leads to greater earnings. Usually the greatest earnings are made by focusing on such indirect ways to make money, but this only works out this way in the long-term.

I'm talking from experience - I was a new age teacher for 8 years traveling the world entirely through my blog earnings  (but had to delete all my articles when I realized that it's a deception - I wrote about this in my hubs - pls check my profile if interested).

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

In theory, it can drive traffic to your hubs that have advertising, though this is minimal for me.
    It has also led to ideas for Hubs that do result in some traffic to said Hub.
    However, it isn't much.