jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do I get paid or is this a volunteer job?

1. Michaela Hutto profile image60
    Michaela Huttoposted 7 months ago

Do I get paid or is this a volunteer job?

2. Jeremy Gill profile image94
    Jeremy Gillposted 7 months ago

HubPages isn't a job; you have no deadlines or assignments. You can make some money eventually by being accepted into Adsense, after which you'll earn based on views, but this is meant to supplement an income, not replace it.

Basically, if you love writing, this is a good place to do so and eventually earn a bit. If you're looking for a job, this isn't for you, as you won't make as much as you're probably expecting.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 7 months ago

(Work. Get paid), its that simple.  What you do today will gain earnings for years to come, but it must be acceptable material.  Check out the tutorials. Read some hubs.  See what others are doing.  Write about something you love. Practice, practice, and practice some more. It's a great place to learn.
    This is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a writing community with people from all walks of life spreading their knowledge and practicing their craft.
    Comments are welcome. 

Don't expect big bucks, pennies a click won't get you that, but when you reach the threshold of $50, it will be added to your paypal account.

Good luck and welcome to HubPages.  Go ahead write something.  This site is user friendly. Don't be shy.

1. Jeremy Gill profile image94
      Jeremy Gillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Diana offers good advice, just know that what you do today won't start gaining earnings until you're in Adsense. If you make it there, I'm sure you'll have gained a good feel for the site.