This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

What are the red underlined words about in our hubs?

1. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 9 months ago

What are the red underlined words about in our hubs?

Red underlines on random words in our hubs are links to hubpages main page. What is the purpose of it and how are the words chosen? It silly and annoying to have a word underlined, like "confession" and the link takes you no where but to HP home page.

2. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 9 months ago

Lori, On my hubs these are not random words underlined in red, they are links and take me to whatever site or other links I intend..not to the HUbPages home page. Are you sure you didn't intend these words to lead to links? If so you need to check them.

1. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Excuse me, I know I could look this up, but I am lazy -- how do you make them links

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Eric, Goto Text box. Highlight word or phrase to link to. Click the chain link at the text box header. Paste or type the URL in the space provided. Save. To remove a link highlight the word or phrase used. Click the broken link in the header.

3. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Yes, Tim explained it perfectly Eric.

4. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Can we link to our other material or is that too self promotional? I gather the main purpose is to support something wroten with a cite/link to something authoritative. (I just love that word wroten - my son invented it)

5. Jodah profile image89
      Jodahposted 9 months agoin reply to this

You can link to other hubs written by you or others, or something elsewhere related or helpful to readers of your hub. You can't have more than two links to the same site or URL. Love the word Wroten.

6. lambservant profile image95
      lambservantposted 8 months agoin reply to this

John, I don't remember which hub it was but I found one with the word confession that linked to a Hubpages page with all sorts of hubs with different topics. I did not put a link for that word, nor others in that article.

7. Ericdierker profile image57
      Ericdierkerposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Lori thanks for the question and thanks for the comments. Really cool I have learned much.

working