This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I want to change the title of one of my Hub articles. If I do, will it affect m

1. Timothy Anderson profile image97
    Timothy Andersonposted 8 months ago

I want to change the title of one of my Hub articles.  If I do, will it affect my Google ranking?

In my featured Hub article, "Steve Jobs, Marilyn Monroe and Six Other Famous Orphans Who Helped Change the World," I want to update and add Babe Ruth to the list and change the title to ".....Seven Other Famous....

This is one of my most successful articles and I'm worried a title change will negatively affect where it pops up in a Google or online search.

Any help HIGHLY appreciated!

2. CYong74 profile image97
    CYong74posted 8 months ago

It depends on how you do it.

Most important is not to affect your URL, otherwise there would be dead links (within google) for a while.

Also, whether it benefits or not depends on whether your addition is reflected within your hub and summaries. In other words, the usual needs to happen. "Babe Ruth" needs to appear a sensible number of times here and there within your hub, your captions, and your summary.

If done properly, I believe it will actually help you. I've tried this before with my older hubs and there was a marginal benefit after a while.

PS: If your title increases in quantity ie. six to seven, while your URL remains as six, I believe whatever benefit there is might be minimized.

3. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 8 months ago

I am no expert. It may in some cases. That does not mean it will with yours.

People search the internet by using a question or keywords. For instance, with your article title it may answer the question 'Who are famous orphans?' or if they search the keywords 'famous & orphans' or the keyword phrase 'famous orphans. I did a search on my PC using Google for 'Famous orphans'. Your article appears on the first page the third one listed. Awesome! I see it is on the HubPages niche site owlcation too. Awesome! Being on that Niche site helps with article ranking.

So, if people are finding your article by searching that keyword phrase they will continue to find it. Yet, when I do a search using 'Six famous orphans' it appears on the first page at number one. But, how many people will search that phrase? I think they will more likely search 'famous orphans'.

The only caution I will toss out there is if you add to the article and change the title it will go through the Quality Assessment Process (QAP) again. And, the editors of Owlcation will review again. That may not be a worry, but something to consider.

4. Timothy Anderson profile image97
    Timothy Andersonposted 8 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I appreciate your time and input.  Tim

working