jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Embedding

1. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I was trying to embed a map from google and could'nt figure out how to do it correctly. With the different views (map, satelite and street) it would have been pretty cool to embed it in the hub, is there a way or am I stuck just using a link? (which I did)

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You're not going to be able to embed images in a Hub due to code limitations.

3. readytoescape profile image61

I think that was what I was seeing, kept telling me it didn't recognize the code. But I wasn't sure I was trying in the correct capsule. But the maps (on google) have the url and embedding code just like for example youtube. So I was hoping I just tried the wrong capsules.  Thanks for responding, your always so helpful, alot of us appreciate it.

4. Has_aWayWithWords profile image65
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

did you tr it in video capsules?

1. readytoescape profile image61
      readytoescapeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes I did, message popped up that the capsule did not reconize the code

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
    Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years ago

Only way I can think of besides the link is to take a screen shot and then upload the picture.

6. readytoescape profile image61

I used the link URL, I was trying to embed to “street view”, which for this particular hub would have been pretty cool. But,… I really didn’t want to use an outbound link.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image79
      Jeffrey Nealposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well if you use Windows, while the image you want to display is on your monitor you can hit "PrtScn" or the Print Screen key on your keyboard. Open up Paint, and paste into the document, and then save and upload that picture.

You could also use a plugin for Firefox called FireShot which does something similar, but it's even easier and faster than the method I described above.

Or, of course, you can link out. smile

working