Why does HubPages routinely snip any Amazon capsules on a Hub they add to a netw

1. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 7 months ago

Why does HubPages routinely snip any Amazon capsules on a Hub they add to a network site?

Every time one of my Hubs is edited by HubPages to add to a network site they snip any Amazon capsules on the Hub.  The Amazon capsule is alway extremely revelvant to the topic discussed and is not spammy, yet HubPages doesn't seem to ever allow them on Hubs I have on one of their network sites.  I don't understand this.  I count on the Amazon earnings and HubPages makes money off of Amazon sales too.  Why always delete Amazon capsules from network site Hubs, especially when they are right on topic and useful to the reader?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 7 months ago

John,  I just read recently that HP informed us (somehow at some point) that whatever we post in an amazon capsule, MUST be not only mentioned within the body of the article, but we must mention that it was used as part of the research for the work. (Quote parts of it within, etc.)  More specifically, any book, CD or DVD, movie, reference, has to be directly involved in the body of work....cannot merely be related to the topic.  Author must be knowledgeable on the resource.
    You can check this out, but this is what I read just a week or 2 ago.  Paula

1. Rock_nj profile image93
      Rock_njposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Kind of strict of HP, but your explanation makes sense. 

Thanks Paula!

working