jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Profile Rating

1. DS Dollman profile image96
    DS Dollmanposted 2 weeks ago

I have an odd situation going on. I've been sitting on a few articles for awhile now, and just started finishing them up. I've also been working hard on revision. Some of my articles are at 100. They are all featured--I don't have many online, but they're all featured and a few are on the "special" websites. In addition, I'm attracting more readers.

So, while all of this is going on, my profile rating is gradually dropping. Is that logical?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image96
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

The profile scores bounce around without any logical reason, it seems. Most of us have learned to ignore them. (Though the first time we reach 100, seems like a big deal.)
      If you are in the 80's and 90's, most people think that is a good thing.  A better indicator of success for most people is a growing number of views and increasing earnings, but even that can be variable.
      Overall, it looks like you are doing very well. Don't give too much attention to the numbers, just write.

DS Dollmanposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Good advice always. Thank you.

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago

The profile rating is put there just to torture us. big_smile

The consensus seems to be unanimous to just ignore it.smile

3. DS Dollman profile image96
    DS Dollmanposted 2 weeks ago

I believe it! Thank you, I will! Lol!

4. Sue Adams profile image98
    Sue Adamsposted 2 weeks ago

This is how I understand Profile scores:

When we publish a new article its hub-score is fairly low  to begin with until it gains traction with the search engines. This low hub-score influences the average hub-score which is a part of the equation for our profile score.

I also noticed over time that when traffic to certain articles decreases (and thereby lowers their individual hub-scores) the profile score also goes down.

Another thing I noticed is that when I am more actively participating in forums and comments on other people's articles, my profile score goes up a little. But I am not sure about that one.

We've had endless discussions on hub-scores and profile scores over the years and it wouldn't be time efficient to start it all up again.

While I find hub-scores useful to check which articles need some TLC, the advice you have been given to ignore profile scores is a sound one.

DS Dollmanposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Ahh, I did just publish a hub and it wasn't approved yet. That is actually logical--it would appear as if it had a low score. Thank you so much!

working