jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Madness and Mirth and Nonsense (Spinoff From the Serendipitous Thread)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

Good day, everyone!
    Happy Valentine's Day, if that is what you choose to celebrate (if anything) on this 14th day of February in the year 2018.

We don't mark it as worth more than just another day.

But, apropos of nothing in particular, for some unknown reason, it has struck my funny bone that Wednesday is the day we put out the trash for early morning pickup on Thursday.  I found the juxtaposition of the pseudo holiday with the trash quite amusing.  In fact, I woke up laughing.

Can't complain about laughter to begin one's day, though.  So, a very merry whatever to you all.

2. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 2 months ago

big_smile big_smile big_smile Very funny, Dzy. Today is our trash day, too. yikes Glad hubby got it out in time. smile But I must say that I was pleasantly surprised to find a card left downstairs after he'd left for work this morning. What was more surprising was the delivery truck that pulled up beside me as I was getting in my car, headed for my office: a sweet bouquet of roses.
    He got me this time since our plans later only included Ash Wednesday service. Happy Valentine's Day.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months ago

Very funny video:

https://youtu.be/FnC8xGGEPRM

Anyone who has raised a toddler with a stubborn streak will appreciate this one!

4. lovetherain profile image82
    lovetherainposted 2 months ago

A thread about garbage. Nice.

DzyMsLizzyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Not only garbage--other goofy stuff, too!

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
      paradigmsearchposted 2 months agoin reply to this

How about a nice rant about HP traffic?

Like, where did it go?

Maybe I'll start a "Traffic Consternation" thread, though usually better to bury under other thread titles.

1. janshares profile image95
        jansharesposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm, I see. Lower than usual. Maybe the weather? Concentration on FL tragedy? Hidden changes made to the site/niche sites? Or just regular weekend trends.

1. paradigmsearch profile image92
          paradigmsearchposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I think I'm dropping all threads other than what I just started. Just the right thing to do for me.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 2 months ago

We  don't have a particular trash day-- It is any day we choose to haul our trash to the landfill. Because of that we  try to limit out trash by  buying less trash and recycling.
    As for Valentines Day-- it's special to us. My late mother-in-law's birthday, My cousin's birthday, my Grand-niece's birthday, and now, most important our only Granddaughter's birthday.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 weeks ago

I can't think of anything funny today.

Is that funny?  I'm not amused.

What if I did something funny, and took a picture?  Hmmm...how would I do both at the same time? 

I don't even have any new jokes.

And my one bit of amusement that came to me recently, would probably seriously ruffle the feathers of persons with any kind of religious bent...so, I'd better leave it alone.

I pass the turn to someone else to be funny for today!

Para? Rochelle? Kenneth?  Jan?

7. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 weeks ago

I believe in the 'hereafter.'

...I walk down the hall, and say to myself, "What the hell am I here after?"

tongue lol big_smile

8. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 5 weeks ago

The generation of random numbers is too important to leave to chance.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

9. DzyMsLizzy profile image97

Things that make you go, "Hmmmmm...."

Why do they use sterile needles for death by lethal injection?

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image97

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

lol

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 weeks ago

Do you ever wonder how much of your life is wasted, standing at the sink waiting for the water to get hot?

working