jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are “Naughty Mom” ads normal?

1. dalady profile image91
    daladyposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13913647.jpg
    I shared my article about HOA horror stories with a friend, who quickly sent me back this screenshot yikes ... are “these” types of ads normal? Are they normal for real estate content or does the subject matter of the article not dictate the ad?

2. Venkatachari M profile image44
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago

There are a number of unpleasant ads nowadays and not at all related to the content. I am presently seeing Travelfriend ads too much distracting the attention. They slide down along with your browser until the end.

daladyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

That’s disappointing, I’m sorry to hear that. 

I wonder if HP allows these types of ads or if they’ll remove them if they’re reported?

3. Kenna McHugh profile image88
    Kenna McHughposted 2 months ago

Usually, the ads relate to the surfer (viewer). It depends on what the viewer has been searching, tweeting and so forth. Funny though, when I am doing research on a new article, like indoor plants, weeks on end I will have plant-related ads wherever I go on the Internet.

daladyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Generally, I’d be inclined to agree. Although, my elderly lady friend seems hardly the type to be seeking out “Naughty Moms” online. She was rather taken off guard by the ad. Enough so to text me ha ha ha. Although, the saying is “don’t judge a book by its cover.” Curious neutral

I was hoping HP had a policy against these types of ads.

working