jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Sexual Impurity In The Church

1. gehill profile image67
    gehillposted 7 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Sexual Impurity In The Church. What can I do to improve? Thanks! Dr. Gary Hill

P.S. This article is formatted as my past articles were. What's the deal?

1. greenmind profile image96
      greenmindposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

From your title I assumed you'd be talking about people who claim to be religious leaders and role models, but are actually sexually exploiting the people who look up to them.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image99
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 weeks ago

Some problems:

"Sexual Immorality in the Church?" That's not a question so doesn't take a question mark.

"In recent years sexual addition .." I think you mean addiction.

"... with these phenomenon being a ..." It's plural so should be phenomena.

That's just the first paragraph.

The article contains many Biblical quotations but not a lot of original text.

3. gehill profile image67
    gehillposted 7 weeks ago

I did an analysis of the essay and it is 87 percent text and about 13 percent other including Biblical quotes. I do appreciate your input. It was very helpful. Thank you. Dr. Gary Hill

4. Rupert Taylor profile image99
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 weeks ago

Your bio says you have a PhD from the Bible University of Canada. I can find no reference to such an institution. Where is its campus?

1. gehill profile image67
      gehillposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Bible University was started Dr. Mitch King and Dr. Bill Cournagay in 2013 online. Mitch is from Spring Garden, Quebec and Dr. Cournagay, passed in 2015, was from Missouri. The curriculum was approved by both the Missouri Board of Higher Education and the Canada Higher Education Agency. BU offered 2 core tracks Biblical Studies and Ministry. After 3 years of intense study and research all over the world, I graduated. It was a pleasure getting your feedback. Thank you and God's blessings. Gary

working