Different Topics on Different Maven Sites?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image0
    CallMetalManposted 6 years ago

Hey everybody,

This is all a bit confusing, but I'd really appreciate your input.

I started out with Squidoo and haven't been very active with HubPages because of an issue with the transition to HP. That's an issue I'm currently hoping to work through with them.

And it appears that HP now has been/is being acquired by Maven. At first, I thought Maven was a network of lots of HP-type sites, but that each site in the network was geared toward different content. I figured the niche site format would please Google. But then I wondered if, instead of continuing to try and resolve issues with HP, should I just join one of the other sites in the network (whichever was most relevant) and post new articles there.

I just looked at the sites in the network, though, and think I've misunderstood everything sad  They other sites I checked out don't seem anything like HubPages.

And that method would be complicate the process for anybody who writes on a range of topics anyway, as they would have to post on different sites, depending on each topic.

So is HubPages still the best site (within the Maven ecosystem) for posting articles, regardless of topic?

And I welcome any clarifying comments about the rest of this post, which would help me understand the current situation. Thanks.

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 6 years ago

You can't join Maven sites and post there. You have to write for HP and hope to be invited to contribute to the Maven networks. Meanwhile, HP has its own network sites. You write your hub and, if it's good enough it will be automatically transferred to the appropriate site.

So, write your articles (on whatever topic) here, and see how it goes. HP is doing really well at the moment due to its publishing strategy. Traffic and earnings are rising smile

Welcome back.

PS Regarding your other question. No-one else has been able to transfer their articles in the way that you are asking, so it is unlikely you will get the result you want. You can only: A. leave the article where it is or B. Unpublish and republish under a different account.

I have done B. for several articles and it completely wiped out their serps and traffic. However, I didn't want to keep that old Squidoo account active so it didn't matter that much to me.

You also need to know that if that original article has been copied by anyone, your republished version will be deemed to be duplicate content.

3. profile image0

Thanks for the help. I saw some of your posts when I was reading some other threads.

It's unfortunate about the 301, but I guess that's one problem with of writing for somebody else. And I hadn't even considered duplicate content. I re-wrote the article for the new HP account, but did create a more similar version for my own separate site. Hmmm... Will have to think some more.

Most of your HP income is from adsense, and a few amazon links? Or is there some other way now? The days of allowing articles about affiliate products are long gone, I'm sure, and were counterproductive in most cases anyway. (Not me, just lenses that I came across.)

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, income generally comes from the Hubpages Ad program. For me it works out around two thirds HP, one third Amazon. A little direct from Adsense, but not much.

You can opt for Adsense only, and that can work well, depending on your topics. It's easy to switch back and fore to experiment which works best.

4. profile image0

Thanks. Instead of posting a whole new thread, can I ask u just one more non-sequitur?

If I write a hub, and it's related to a post or even a page on my site, am I able to link to my post? It would be occasional at most. I'm just trying to figure out where HP fits in for me.

And what about a post on some other site? Is that allowed?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, not really. HP frowns on self-promotion. I think I squeezed one or two in a while back, but I wouldn't even bother trying now. However, in each article bio (you can write different bios for different hubs/topics, up to a max of 25) I mention my website, without a link. So for instance, in my tarot articles I say something like, 'blah blah...and a resource-rich website and tarot reading service at tarot-study.xxxx.' (With the correct suffix, of course, not Xs -- I don't want to break forum rules). The editors have been kind and ignored it so far.

However, you can link from your site to the hub.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I also give a name to a site of mine in the profile page at Hubpages.com, but it doesn't link to anything. But if someone is determined, they find me. I have to update the site anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)