jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How do I properly use the Amazon Capsules?

1. Alex Kearney profile image83
    Alex Kearneyposted 7 weeks ago

I recently wrote an article about meal prepping and added amazon capsules for each of the containers I used, each followed by a summary of what the advantages were to using this particular kind. However, when I posted this it was snipped and all of the Amazon capsules were removed. I am very confused if that is not the way to use them what is.

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Marisa wrote some info on how to use Amazon properly:

https://hubpages.com/community/How-to-M … ed-to-Know

Ignore the URL title, the hub has been updated now.

Alex Kearneyposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you

2. Dreamworker profile image98
      Dreamworkerposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

You can only have on capsule for every 300 words you write.  Furthermore, there is no point in trying to sell similar products again and again.  The capsules (and in text ads) serve as entry gates to Amazon...so if you list one item and someone clicks on it, for as long as they are on Amazon via that click, anything they buy becomes money in your pocket.  Thus, even if they don't buy the item you listed, they may see a different one they like better and buy it...and then go on to buy totally unrelated products as well.  Once you get them shopping, you can make a bundle if they buy the right things!  Also, too many ads make your article look spammy...a big "no-no" on HP.

2. Jorge Cruz99 profile image89
    Jorge Cruz99posted 7 weeks ago

Hi Alex,
    Apparently, they want to minimize the number of capsules and they allow only the ones strictly related to the article....

Alex Kearneyposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

thanks for the reply

3. Shizette profile image90
    Shizetteposted 7 weeks ago

Mist of the time its automatically snipped, ie not by a real person but by a computer. So follow up by writing to them to explain the situation, and tell them why it needs to ne allowed.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
      DrMark1961posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Really? Can you let the rest of us know where you found out that capsules are snipped by a computer and not a person?

1. Dreamworker profile image98
        Dreamworkerposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I doubt this is true.  Have never read or seen anything that supports it.  Also, if capsules are automatically snipped, why do so many of us still have them???

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
          DrMark1961posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I think you are right.

working