jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

brain teasers. write the words if you can make them out

  1. profile image0
    tequilarosemama4posted 7 years ago

    i wanna see how many people can figure this brain teaser out!..good luck


    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can.

    1. irishsoul28 profile image55
      irishsoul28posted 7 years agoin reply to this

      thankfully i had no bother reading that but i was wondering if 55% of people can read this ok and it says in the statement that the human mind does not read every letter by itself but the word as a whole, what do the the rest, (45% of people) see then?

    2. Alessia Amnesia profile image56
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      According to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. If you can read this, post it to your wall. Only 55% of people can.

      The 45% of people who can NOT read this do not know how to spell the words so the whole word does not register in their minds. I wonder what they see when they read this?

      1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 7 years agoin reply to this

        smile  ha....i was too lazy

      2. irishsoul28 profile image55
        irishsoul28posted 7 years agoin reply to this

        Well you just went and give the teaser away now! tongue

    3. falcon64 profile image71
      falcon64posted 7 years agoin reply to this

      I am in the 55% of people can make it maybe? I can write the words and it is 69.smile

    4. nadiaazhar profile image75
      nadiaazharposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      According to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. If you can read this, post it to your wall. Only 55% of people can.

    5. AnythingArtzy profile image79
      AnythingArtzyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      This is interesting what does it say?............. just kidding. I'm 1 in 55%

    6. de'Arab profile image53
      de'Arabposted 7 years agoin reply to this

      Jes I am part of that 55%.

  2. myownworld profile image81
    myownworldposted 7 years ago

    ......oh thank god i made it into that 55%... whew! yikes

  3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

    lol its a different percent every time I see it. yould think the folks at Cambridge could get thier numbers right.

  4. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

    Woo Hoo I'm in the majority!

    I is smart!

  5. cocopreme profile image92
    cocopremeposted 7 years ago

    I can see!  That's pretty neat.

  6. Video Express profile image60
    Video Expressposted 7 years ago

    I read it no problem and at the same pace I normally would. I really thought I should have stumbled a bit. I bet a lot of it has to do with us seeing the words in lower case. The letter differences might be so well established in our heads it doesn't matter the order as long as we see them. I bet with all caps this would never work since the letters would be too similar.

  7. Amber Allen profile image76
    Amber Allenposted 7 years ago

    I can read it too.  The reason I think it wouldn't work in capital letters is that the shape of the word helps you identify it.

 
working