How to get traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Trihorus profile image68
    Trihorusposted 6 years ago

Hello Hubbers!
    I wanted some help with getting traffic. I seem to get a spike in traffic right after my hubs are published. I share it with my friends, that's it. Most of my traffic comes from HubPages itself. Of the 900 reads I've ever gotten, 600 come from HP and the rest come from multiple sources: Facebook, Instagram, and as such. I've never gotten traffic from Google, even when I tried searching for my article specifically, it doesn't show up. After the initial surge of traffic from HP and from messengers and my  social medias, the traffic just comes to a grinding halt. I go from something hundred views a day to 4-5 views per couple of months. I would like to learn how to create backlinks to your article and get more traffic. Also, where and how to promote my article? How to make sure my article gets out there and is discovered. How to get at least a steady traffic? Anything you have to share from your experience or just anything will do. Thanks!

1. EricFarmer8x profile image93
      EricFarmer8xposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Having two Hubs on network sites is a good start. Your one Hub Everything You Need to Know on How to Wake up Early doesn't rank because of tough competition. There are many articles on this topic, and when I tried to find your Hub on the first 10 page results I could not find it.

Trihorusposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello Eric,
        Thank you! But I did check all those articles and mine has a better and thorough content than the rest. How can I improve its discoverability?

1. poppyr profile image93
          poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Offer some knowledge that no one else knows. I haven't read your article yet, but you could have "10 Tips to Wake Up Early." Maybe add some personal experiences (if relevant.)

In answer to your original question, you're unlikely to make good money off this site if you don't have a good Google ranking. Not ALL your articles have to do well on Google but at least some of them must.

I also got 10,000 views in one day once from posting on Reddit, but I was extremely lucky in that case. Try posting on Reddit, Pinterest, Flipboard, Twitter, and Instagram for extra exposure. Good luck!

Hello Poppyr!
            Thank you for your wishes!
            Yes, in that article, I have included my personal experiences and also several tips which I personally use and aren't quite there on google. I have included many points so I can't put a title like 'these many tips'. The article covers all aspects of making sure one gets up in the morning such as what to do the night before, or the next morning. So, the best title I could think of was that one. And, about ranking high on google, I understand that not all can, but I am really hoping for this one to do well.
            I have just now created a Pinterest account, but I'm not quite sure how do I use it to promote my article. Is there any link or any helpful resource to get me acquainted with promoting there?

1. poppyr profile image93
              poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Download the Pinterest app on your browser, then you can just click the Pinterest button while on your article page and it'll choose a picture to post (:

Okaay!

2. EricFarmer8x profile image93
          EricFarmer8xposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I won't pretend like I am an expert at writing great Hubs but I am learning. I spent time reading advice posted on here, and I do some SEO research to get a better understanding of keywords, keyword research, and picking good topics. One of the things I know now which took me a while to figure out is that just because I like a topic or subject doesn't mean it is a good fit for HubPages. I am starting to research into topics that will do well here, and it is taking a lot of work. Out of my current 20 Hubs about three Hubs gets about 80% of my daily traffic and I use these Hubs as examples to base my future work off.

As for improving existing Hubs, this is something I struggle with and I am not the best suited to answer this question. This related recent forum topic goes into that though.
          https://hubpages.com/community/forum/33 … vamp-oldie

2. erricravi profile image59
    erricraviposted 6 years ago

Well, if your website keywords are not on Top of Google, then you cant get much traffic. First You have to increase the ranking of high search volume keywords. To increase ranking of your websites, you have to increase referral backlinks. You need to get backlinks from High DA PA Websites like Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, Forbes etc.

Thanks for the suggestion, erricravi! I'm used to just sending my links with the caption asking my friends to read and share, but I'm not sure how do I generate backlinks via such reputed websites. Can you please elaborate on how to do that?

1. erricravi profile image59
        erricraviposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just like you are using Hubpages, These websites are same. Make your reputation by posting, commenting, share article without giving any interlinking in starting. When your profile become popular you can give interlinking of your own websites. Another option is paid backlinks from these websites or Hire a PR professional. Apart from these websites there are lots of high domain authority free guest post websites, where you can get do follow and  indexe back links. Make sure don't forgot to check spam score of the guest post website, Because if any website have more than 3 spam score then it comes Google Maccabees Update 2018

3. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

My advice to you would be to keep writing and don't worry so much about self-promotion. Just keep producing high quality, lengthy content and try to get those onto the niche sites.

You only have four articles thus far so you're going to need a lot more before you start seeing more traffic, unless you're extremely market savvy with only a few articles.

Thank you, I was just a little worried that all of my content will just initially get some traffic then stop getting any at all. And as for your suggestion, I will really just focus on creating content for now. Thank you, good day ahead!

4. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Hi there! Here are some great tips from veteran hubbers. Steady traffic takes time, it will come.
    https://hubpages.com/community/forum/33 … re-traffic

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)