Please update your maven.io/ads.txt file with my AdSense ID.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Please also do same with themaven.net/ads.txt file.

Google AdSense appears to be highly agitated that this has not been done.

1. sirama profile image91
      siramaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is it resolved?

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Do you have something on the Maven properties? Why would you want your ads showing there? Your pub-Id should only be on websites that you place your content and on websites you trust. If you have something on themaven, I think the HP forum is the wrong place to ask for inclusion, contact themaven directly.

paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

AdSense is telling me my ads are showing up in all sorts of places I didn't know about. I knew our hubs are showing up on maven.io, etc. But I'd always thought we were already getting paid for them; AdSense says not so. If HP and Maven chat, something will get done.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You would be smart to contact the team about this because if you got this notice, then all of us will get it and we need a way to resolve the issue.

Emails get ignored/buried/misplaced/lost/etc. This official forum thread will not. Maven and HP will figure it out and fix it.

Plus, Google Console already botched up my website; maybe Google AdSense has botched this up as well.

Whatever is going on, I figure everything will be straightened out by the end of the week. smile

Well, please let us know what happens with this.  I'd also like to know if anybody else got this notice.  I have not.  Also, I wouldn't have the first clue as to how to fix it so will need help from our gurus here if it becomes a big issue.  Thanks for sharing this info.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
              lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This will only be an issue if you have added themaven.net as one of your properties on Adsense. If you did this and do not have any articles on themaven.net your pub-id is definitely not on their ads.txt file. Why will it be there if your ads don't show, right?

I am not sure why OP has added the maven.net to the list of websites. As far as I know, PD has no property under themaven.

Sondra, this won't be an alert you'd see in your Adsense account anytime. Don't worry about it.

Thanks.  This stuff can get so complicate...thank goodness we have people like you to clarify such issues!

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I just want AdSense to stop saying:

"In the past 7 days, your ad code has appeared a significant number of times on sites you don't own. To avoid lost revenue, make sure to add these sites to your verified sites list in My Sites."

"Earnings at risk - One or more of your ads.txt files doesn't contain your AdSense publisher ID. Fix this now to avoid severe impact to your revenue."

"You need to add your publisher ID to the following ads.txt files:
    maven.io/ads.txt
    themaven.net/ads.txt"

But your ad should not show on themaven right? If it is showing there you are better off not verifying it as you don't publish there, correct me if I am wrong. What if it shows on some page that is against the Adsense TOS and you lose your account? Warnings are okay sometimes.

"But your ad should not show on themaven right?"

What with HP and Maven intertwining into a single entity, who knows what the heck is going on?

-----

"What if it shows on some page that is against the Adsense TOS and you lose your account?"

You just made me remember that blogger.com allows p o r n. So I unverified that one. All other verified sites are reputable; namely HP, Maven,  and my websites. Come to think of it, does Maven .net or .io have any pages that violate AdSense TOS!?!

-----

RANT FOR THE DAY:

When AdSense says, ""In the past 7 days, your ad code has appeared a significant number of times on sites you don't own."; WHY DOESN'T ADSENSE TELL US WHO THE SITES ARE!!!???!!!

You need to add your blog to the safe list and not blogger.com.

Add paradigmsearch.blogspot.com to the allowed sites.

Again, you have no articles on themaven, up to you if you want to continue worrying about it smile HP is not going to add your pub-id to the maven ads.txt file, because you have no content there.

My verified sites already included both the blahblah.blog spot. com and the custom domain. com names; all is already well there. At the same time I had also included blogger and blogspot as a catchall; that was dumb. Thread not a total waste; got rid of those dangerous last two. smile

Meanwhile, as the intertwine continues, checkout https://maven.io/ smile

Yup, I think that's just their search page.

Seems like the ad IDs of their advertising partners. There are just 13 Google Adsesne IDs there.

This thread has worn me out and my eyes are done for the day. All I'll add at this point is that I drew some interesting, high-probability conclusions from:
                    A. Doing some random searches on  https://maven.io/ .
                    B. Perusing the  https://maven.io/ads.txt content.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

I have read most of the thread and have concluded that halibut is better than haddock if you can get it and afford it. I think I've got it.

5. NessMovieReviews profile image83
    NessMovieReviewsposted 5 years ago

Haha Rupert

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)