jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a way to Warn hubbers before System Upgrade?

1. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

All sites have these upgrades and they are necessary. Would be nice to be warned before they occur. Can plan to not be working on a hub, comment, etc. either before the shutdown or afterwards.
    Thank you!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The site does warn us before planned upgrades.

But if there are sudden problems that arise, they can't.  And it's just sort of a fluke that we the users wind up seeing the same "system maintenance" screen in both instances.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Well I guess I don't know where to look for the notice.smile

4. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Same here. Although I do understand situations do come up that need immediate attention.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

i think the suggestion is that although the message said "scheduled maintenance, "it was probably really an unplanned error...we just always see the same message

It lasted all of 5 minutes anyway

6. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

The recent outage was unplanned.  Scheduled maintenance is actually fairly rare and we do try and provide warning in the official announcements forum before it happens.  We also block access to the hub editor and hour or so before to prevent the loss of edits.  We will update to the "HubPages is Down" page to reflect that the maintenance is not scheduled to avoid future confusion.

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul!

working